Child labor is the very exploitation and robbing of children of their innocent childhood. This not only deprives them of education but harms them mentally, physically, socially, and morally too. It’s one of the social evils that need to be stopped as soon as possible as it is slowly deteriorating the future of our nation. Many great leaders have followed paths to fight against it. Try this Prohibition of Child Labor trivia quiz and mark the highest score!
1. What do you mean by child labor?
A. Treating children nicely
B. Love children
C. Forcibly making children work without their willingness
D. Putting children in jail
2. When was the child Labor act started in India?
3. What is the number of working children aged 5-17?
A. 100 million
B. 150 million
C. 200 million
D. 250 million
4. The reason behind child labor is?
B. High illiterate rate
C. More number of children
D. Factory Work
5. How does child labor affect children's mental health?
A. children were losing limbs and lives
B. children did not get an education
C. children did not have any social skills
D. children were working long hours
6. What job did not employ child labor?
A. coal mining
7. Based on the following types of diseases, select the one that describes the type of illness a child would get from working.
8. What are the worst-hit sectors?
A. domestic, constructions, textile
B. textile, agriculture
C. manufacturing, constructions, agriculture, domestic
D. Industries, textile constructions and agriculture
9. What is the rate of child labor among boys?
10. What is the child labor act (1986)?
A. Prohibits all type of child labor up to 14 years of age of child
B. Prohibits all type of child labor up to 13 years of age of child
C. Prohibits all type of child labor up to 15 years of age of child
D. Prohibits all type of child labor up to 12 years of age of child
11. Who started child labor?
A. Samuel Gompers
B. Sam Gomps
C. Samuel Gomps
D. Sam Gompers
12. Who raised their voice against child labor?
B. Sam Gompers
C. Albert Beveridge
D. Sam Gomps