Natural resources are materials from the Earth that are used to support life and meet people's needs. Any natural substance that humans use can be considered a natural resource. Oil, coal, natural gas, metals, stone, and sand are natural resources. Other natural resources are air, sunlight, soil, and water. So natural resources are the components of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, and lithosphere. This is something that can be used for making profits or benefits, whether that is a source, supply, or support. Resources are often natural sources of wealth or features to improve quality of life. Let's know more about General Science Natural Resources by playing this quiz.
1. The Bishnoi community of Rajasthan is associated with the conservation of...
A. Coal and petroleum
B. Forests and wildlife
C. Water resources
D. Abiotic environment
2. The Chipko Andolan is associated with:
3. The river water is said to be polluted with acidic wastes if the pH of river water is:
B. Above 7
C. Below 7
D. Exactly 7
4. The major program that started to replenish the damaged forests is called...
B. Tissue culture
5. One of the following does not contribute to producing acid rain. This one is...
A. Sulphur dioxide
B. Carbon dioxide
C. Nitrogen oxides
D. Carbon monoxide
6. Which of the following is not an ancient water harvesting structure?
7. Which of the following is not a fossil fuel?
B. Natural gas
8. Which of the following are not natural resources?
C. Wooden house
D. Mango tree
9. The most rapidly dwindling natural resource in the world is...
10. The use of one of the following is eco-friendly. The one is...
A. Cars for transportation
B. Polybags for shopping
C. Windmills for generating power
D. Dyes for colouring clothes
11. Groundwater will not be depleted due to...
A. Process of afforestation
B. Establishing thermal power plants
C. Process of deforestation
D. Cultivation of high yielding varieties of crops
12. Which one of the following combinations of terms has no fossil fuel?
A. Wind, ocean, coke
B. Kerosene, tide, wind
C. Wood, wind, sun
D. Petrol, wood, sun
13. The water that exists on Earth's surface is known as ....
D. None of these
14. The hygrometer is used to measure the ...
A. Atmospheric humidity
C. Both of these
D. None of these
15. Gas is reduced in the atmosphere by deforestation is ....
D. All of these