The Inca Empire was the largest empire in pre-Columbian America, flourishing in the Andes region of South America from the early 15th century until the Spanish conquest in the 16th century. The administrative, political, and military center of the empire was in the city of Cusco. It was known for its advanced infrastructure, including an extensive road network and agricultural terraces. The Incas had a complex society with a centralized government, and their economy relied heavily on agriculture, particularly the cultivation of maize and potatoes. They are also famous for their skillful stonemasonry, demonstrated in structures like Machu Picchu. The empire was ruled by a single emperor, or Sapa Inca, who was considered divine. So let's start this quiz and learn more interesting facts about The Inca Empire.
1. What was the capital city of the Inca Empire?
2. Who was the founder of the Inca Empire?
C. Francisco Pizarro
D. Hernán Cortés
3. What was the official language of the Inca Empire?
4. Which agricultural technique did the Incas use to maximize crop production in the Andes?
A. Crop rotation
D. Slash-and-burn farming
5. Which famous Inca site is often referred to as the "Lost City of the Incas"?
B. Machu Picchu
6. The Inca Empire reached its zenith under the rule of which emperor?
C. Huayna Capac
D. Tupac Amaru
7. What was the Inca's primary method of taxation and labor management?
C. Tribute system
D. Barter trade
8. Which group of indigenous people resisted Inca rule and eventually helped the Spanish conquer the empire?
9. What was the main reason for the decline of the Inca Empire?
A. Climate change
B. Internal civil wars
C. Spanish conquest
D. All of the above
10. Which European disease is believed to have had a devastating impact on the Inca population?
11. What natural phenomenon is found at the center of the Inca city of Machu Picchu?
A. A volcano
B. A meteorite
C. A deep chasm
D. A sacred spring
Drop your comment here...