The tropical region is located very close to the equator in which each organism is suited to live in its particular habitat and each organism is adapted to its particular environment. The tropical rainforest is an important ecosystem with distinct characteristics and adaptations. Many tropical rainforest animals have a diet that includes large amounts of fruits that are available year-round. Climate adaptation refers to the adaptation of an organism that arises due to the pattern of variation of abiotic factors that determine a specific climate. Annual means, seasonal variations, and diurnal patterns of abiotic factors are attributes of a climate where organisms can adapt. So take this quiz and explore more things about Tropical Region.
1. Which adaptation is found in the tropical regions?
B. Drip Tips
2. Which of the following plant live in the tropical region?
D. None of these
3. Which of the following animals, live in the tropical region?
D. All of the above
4. What is the physical characteristic of a tropical rainforest?
A. 2,00 mm of rainfall per year
B. 2,000 mm of rainfall per year
C. 1000 mm of rainfall per year
D. None of these
5. How many main regions of the tropical rainforest?
A. Five regions
B. Seven regions
C. Three regions
D. Ten regions
6. How many species of plants are in tropical regions?
A. 500,100 species
B. 200,000 species
C. 300,000 species
D. 100,000 species
7. How many layers are in the tropical region?
A. Five layers
B. Ten layers
C. Four layers
D. Three layers
8. Where is the tropical region exactly located?
A. 23°26′11.8″ W
B. 23°26′11.8″ N
C. 23°26′11.8″ E
D. 25°26′11.8″ N
9. How many species of animals are in tropical regions?
A. 20 million species
B. 50 million species
C. 10 million species
D. 1 million species