The gaseous state features very small attractive forces between the gas particles, which are separated from each other by relatively greater distances when compared to liquids and solids. It is important to note that substances that exist in the gaseous state do not have any definite volume or any definite shape. They tend to occupy the entire volume of the container they are placed in. The gaseous state is the simplest of all states of matter, but only 11 gases in the periodic table behave as gases under standard temperature and pressure. Pressure, volume, temperature, amount of substance, specific heat, etc., are some of the measurable properties of gases. Let's know more about Gaseous State.
1. Below the four statements given below for real gases, which are incorrect :
A. The molecules cause attractive interactions.
B. They show deviation from ideal gas laws.
C. The molecules are almost volume less points.
D. The molecules have negligible mass.
2. If a mixture containing 3moles of hydrogen and 1mole of nitrogen is converted completely into ammonia , the ratio of initial and final volume under the same temperature and pressure would be...
3. The average velocity of an ideal gas molecule at 27C is 0.3m/sec. The avg. velocity at 927°c will be...
4. The compressibility of a gas is less than unity at STP. Therefore...
A. Vm>22.4 l
5. When 2g of a gas ‘A’ is introduced into an evacuated flask kept at 25°c, the pressure is found to be 1 atm. If 3g of another gas ‘B’ is then added to the same flask the total pressure becomes 1.5 atm. Assuming ideal gas behavior, calculate the ratio of molar masses MA: MB
6. 4.0g of argon has pressure at temperature T K in a vessel. On keeping the sample at 50°higher temperature, 0.8g gas was given out to maintain the pressure P. The original temperature was...
7. A gas mixture of 3 liters of propane C₃H₈ and butane C₄H₁₀ on complete combustion at 25°C produced 10l CO₂. What is the composition of the gas mixture?
A. 1.5l, 1.5l
B. 1l, 2l
C. 2.5l, 0.5l
D. 1.75l, 1.25l
8. A mixture (15ml) of CO and CO₂ is mixed with Vml (excess) of oxygen and electrically sparked. The volume after explosion was (V+ 12) ml. What would be the residual volume if 25ml of the original mixture is exposed to alkali
9. What will be the pressure of the gaseous mixture when 0.5L of H₂ at 0.8 bar and 2.0L of dioxygen at 0.7 bar are introduced in a 1L vessel at 27°C?
A. 4 bar
B. 1.8 bar
C. 0.9 bar
D. 3.6 bar
10. Which of the following remain constant as per Boyle’s law?
A. Mass of the gas remain constant
B. Temperature of the gas remain constant
C. Pressure of the gas should not be quite higher
D. Both (a) and (b) are correct
11. “R” is known as universal gas constant. Because “R” is...
A. Independent on pressure , temperature and volume of gas
B. Independent on the nature of gas
C. Not applicable for the pressure exerted by the liquid and solid
D. All of the above
12. 41.5 ml of H₂ (g) collected over water at 27°c and at 1 bar. At 27°c, aqueous tension of water is 0.04 bar. The amount of H₂ (g) collected was (R=0.083 bar L Kˉ¹ molˉ¹)
C. 0.16 х 10ˉ²gm
Drop your comment here...