The periodic table arranges the elements by periodic properties, which are recurring trends in physical and chemical characteristics. These trends explain the periodicity observed in the elemental properties of atomic radius, ionization energy, electron affinity, and electronegativity. It also known as the periodic table of chemical elements is a tabular display of the chemical elements. It is widely used in chemistry, physics, and other sciences, and is generally seen as an icon of chemistry. The periodic table is important because it is organized to provide a great deal of information about elements and how they relate to one another in one easy-to-use reference. The table can be used to predict the properties of elements, even those that have not yet been discovered. Let's know more about Periodic Properties.
1. The ionization energy of boron is less than that of beryllium:
A. Beryllium has a higher nuclear charge than boron
B. Beryllium has a lower nuclear charge than boron
C. The outermost electron in boron occupies a 2p-orbital
D. The 2s and 2p orbital’s of boron are degenerate
2. The ionic radii of Li+ , Be²+ and B³+ follow the order :
A. Be²+ > B³+ > Li+
B. Li+ > B³+ > Be²+
C. B³+ > Be²+ > Li+
D. Li+ > Be²+ > B³+
3. To which of the following atom, the attachment of electron is most difficult?
4. Which one of the following is different pair?
A. Li, Na
B. Be, Ba
C. N, As
D. O, At
5. The ionization energy will be higher when the electron is removed from:
A. S- orbital
6. Which one of the following electronic configuration is associated with the biggest jump between the second and third ionization energies ?
7. Which one of the following isoelectronic ion has the lowest ionization energy?
8. Arrange N, O and S in order of decreasing electron affinity.
9. Which one of the following arrangements shows the correct order of decreasing paramagnetism?
10. The incorrect statement among the following is:
A. The first ionization potential of Al is less than the first ionization potential of Mg
B. The second ionization potential of Mg is greater than the second ionization potential of Na
C. The first ionization potential of Na is less than the first ionization potential of Mg
D. The third ionization potential of Mg is greater than the third ionization potential of Al
11. Which one of the following is a mostly used element in the periodic table?
12. The actinides group includes mostly ...... elements.
C. Both of these
D. None of these
Drop your comment here...