The law of conservation of energy states that in any physical, chemical or nuclear process, energy cannot be created or destroyed but can only be transformed from one form to another. Energy can be transformed from one form to another but the total amount of all the energies of the universe always remains the same. This is called the principle of conservation of energy. Let's test yourself about the Principle of Conservation of Energy trivia quiz.
1. The capacity for doing work by a body is known as:
2. The unit of energy:
B. Horse -power
3. The energy possessed by the body by virtue of its motion is known as:
A. Applied energy
B. Internal energy
C. External energy
D. Kinetic energy
4. Which form of energy does the flowing water of a river possess?
5. When a body is whirled in a circle, the work done on it is:
6. The energy stored in watch spring is:
A. Kinetic energy
B. Potential energy
C. Heat energy
D. Mechanical energy
7. No work is said to have been done when an object moves at an angle of_____________with the direction of the force.
A. Zero degree
B. 90 degree
C. 180 degree
D. Between 90 degree and 180 degree
8. A ball is projected upward in the air. As it rises its.....
A. Kinetic energy increases
B. Acceleration increases
C. Potential energy increases
D. Momentum increases
9. The unit of force and length be each increased by four times, then the unit of energy is increased by...
A. 16 times
B. 8 times
C. 4 times
D. 2 times
10. Which of the following is a vector quantity?
B. Kinetic energy
D. Potential energy
11. The mass of an object A is double the mass of B. If both move with the same velocity, then the ratio of K. E. of A to B is...
12. When the force retards the motion of a body, the work done is...
A. Positive or negative depending upon the magnitude of force and displacement
Drop your comment here...