When the First World war Broke out in 1919 in Europe had far-reaching consequences for the entire world. It actually could have been said to ignite the fight for India Independence. So take this quiz and know about nationalism in India.
1. Why did Gandhiji organize Satyagraha in 1917 in the Kheda district of Gujarat?
A. To support the plantation
B. To protect against high revenue demand
C. To support the mill workers to fulfill their demand
D. To demand loans for the farmer
2. Why was Satyagraha organized in Champaran in 1916?
A. To oppose the British
B. To oppose the plantation system
C. To oppose high land revenue
D. To protect against the oppression of the mil workers
3. Why was the Simon commission sent to India?
A. To choose members of Indian council
B. To settle disputes between the government
C. To set up a government organisation
D. To look into the Indian constitutional matter and suggest reform
4. Who among the following, two leaders led the khilafat movement?
A. Shaukhat Ali and Muhammad Ali
B. Gandhiji and Sardar Patel
C. Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Abul kalam azad
D. None of these
5. What kind of Movement was launched by the tribal peasants of Gudem hills in Andhra Pradesh?
A. Satyagraha movement
B. Militant Guerrilla Movement
C. Non-Violent movement
D. None of the above
6. Who were the Sanatanis?
D. High caste Hindus
7. The main problem with the Simmon Commission was that....
A. It was formed in Britian
B. It was formed in Europe
C. It was an all British commission
D. It supported the Muslim league
8. Hind Swaraj was written by....
A. Abul Kalam Azad
B. Mahatma Gandhi
C. Sardar patel
D. Subhas chandra bose
9. Why did the Indians oppose the Rowlatt Act.?
A. It introduced the Salt Law
B. It increased taxes on land
C. It gave the British the power to arrest and detain a person without a trail
D. It put a ban on the congress party
10. The resolution of Puma Swaraj was adopted at which session?
A. Karachi congress
B. Haripur congress
C. Lucknow congress
D. Lahore congress
11. Which one of the following viceroys announced a vague offer of dominion status for India in October 1929?
A. Lord Mount batten
B. Lord Dalhouise
C. Lord Irwin
D. None of these