In this universe, all living things require water for their growth and reproduction. Basically water is the basic need of all living beings. Resources of water are natural. We use water in different places like in agricultural, industrial, household, recreational, and environmental activities. 97% of the water on the Earth is saltwater and only three percent is freshwater. So take this quiz and increase your knowledge about water resources.
1. Which one of the following is not the cause of water scarcity?
A. Rapid growth of population
B. Uneven distribution of water resources
C. Construction of dams and reserves
D. Increase in demand
2. Which state has made rooftop rainwater harvesting structure compulsory to all houses across the state?
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
3. Which one of the following is not the example of Hydraulic structures in Ancient India?
A. Bhopal lake
B. Lake hauz kauz
C. Construction of dams,lakes
D. Damodar valley project
4. Water is a renewable resource because...
A. It is being recycled by human beings
B. It is renewed and recharged through hydrological cycle.
C. It is being renewed through reduction
D. It can be reused again
5. In semi-arid regions of Rajasthan, the traditional system of storing drinking water in underground tanks are called...
D. None of the above
6. Nagarjuna Sagar dam is located in the state of...
D. Andhra Pradesh
7. On which river is the Bhakra Nangal Dam located?
8. The diversion channels of the western Himalayas are called...
B. Inundation channels
9. Which is not a source of freshwater?
A. Glaciers and ice sheets
C. Surface run off
10. According to Falken mark, water stress occurs when...
A. Water availability is less than 1000 cubic metre per person per day
B. There is no water scarcity
C. There is flood
D. Water availability is more than 1000 cubic metre per person per day
11. Which of the following are not the cause of water scarcity?
A. Growing population
B. Growing of water intensive crop
C. Roof top harvesting system
12. Bhakra Nangal river valley project is made on the river...
13. Hirakud Dam is constructed on the river...
Drop your comment here...