In India, transportation consists of land, water, and air travel. Most Indians rely on public transport as their primary mode of transportation, and India's public transportation systems are among the most heavily used in the world. The transport sector in India is large and diverse, serving the needs of 1.1 billion people. The sector contributed about 5.5 percent of the nation's GDP in 2007, with road transport accounting for the lion's share. The cheapest mode of transportation in India is Railways. Try this trivia quiz and mark the highest score!
1. How many national highways are there in India?
2. Which Transport system is the largest in India?
D. All of the above
3. India is divided into how many pin code zones?
4. The National highways system is the responsibility of
A. State Governments
B. Central Government
C. A special Roads Authority
D. State and Central Government
5. Which National Highway connects Delhi and Kolkata via Varanasi?
6. Railway passenger coaches are manufactured at
7. Which of the following States is least developed in rail routes?
8. The First port developed after independence was
A. New Mangalore
C. Nhava Sheva
9. Air travel has become very important for the northeastern part of India mainly because _________
A. The region is mountainous
B. Population density is low
C. Surface transport routes have to go around Bangladesh
D. Air transport is cheaper
10. Which one of the following is not the port town of Gujarat?
11. Kolkata Port is an example of which type of port?
12. Which of the port is not a Natural Port?