A number is a mathematical thing that is used to count, measure, and label anything. There are different types of numbers like natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, and real numbers. Real numbers are those whose value is fixed and they are not imaginary. So take this quiz and know more about the real numbers.
1. Find the HCF of 1848, 3058, and 1331.
2. An army contingent of 616 members is to march behind an army band of 32 members in a parade. The two groups are to march in the same number of columns. What is the maximum number of columns in which they can march?
3. Let x= p/q be a rational number, such that the prime factorization of q is not of the form, where n, m are non-negative integers. Then, x has a decimal expansion which is ____________
B. Non-terminating non-repeating
C. Terminating non-repeating
D. Non-terminating repeating (recurring)
4. Decide whether 52.123456789 is a rational number or not. If rational (in the form p/q), what can you say about the prime factors of q?
A. Rational Number, Prime factor of q will be only 2.
B. Rational Number, Prime factor of q will have a factor other than 2 or 5.
C. Not rational number.
D. Rational Number, Prime factors of q will have either 2 or 5 or both.
5. Without actually performing the long division, state whether the following rational numbers will have a terminating decimal expansion or a non-terminating decimal expansion: 23/8
A. Non-terminating non – repeating decimal
B. Terminating decimal
C. on-terminating repeating decimal
D. Option 4
6. Write down the decimal expansions of 13/ 6250
7. Which among the following options is irrational?
8. Which one of the following can’t be the square of a natural number?
9. If the number 91876y2 is completely divisible by 8, then the smallest whole number in place of y will be:
10. a and b, when divided by 7 and 6 respectively, leave remainders p and q respectively. What is the maximum value of p + q?
11. The difference between the two numbers is 1365. On dividing the larger number by the smaller, we get 6 as quotient and the 15 as remainder. What is the smaller number?